Sunday, April 19, 2009

We had a wonderful Easter! On Saturday, the day dawned cold and foggy. We traveled down to the Phoenix area to have and Easter dinner with Eedad's family. As we left, the fog was so thick there was maybe a quarter of a mile visibility! Such crazy Easter weekend weather! His sister and her husband were kind enough to host everyone and took on the brunt of the work of making fried chicken (my favorite!). The kids had so much fun with their cousins, and we enjoyed talking with family that we don't get to see nearly enough.

That evening, we were determined to go to the Easter pageant that is on the temple grounds in Mesa. It had been raining off and on all day, but we'd been planning for two weeks to go. We decided we would go no matter what! When we got there (after getting a little lost :P ), it was just getting a little bit dark, but the rain had finally stopped. It was cold, but so worth it! The kids were amazed at the show, and I know that they were touched by the Spirit as well. It was a very special experience that we hope to make a tradition while we live here. I hope the experience strengthened our children's testimony of our Savior.

I failed at taking pictures though.

Sunday morning was slightly warmer. And I was so proud of us that we were on time to church because we hadn't gotten home until midnight! lol The Spirit was so strong in church that Easter Sunday!

That evening, we had our yearly egg hunt. We did things a little differently this year though. The kids had gotten plenty of candy from their Aunts and in their baskets, so we only did ten eggs for each of them. They were color-coded as well. I think we'll do it again like that in future years because we were able to hide B's and Banana's eggs really hard (evil laugh here)! It made it a lot of fun. Although we had the Mystery of the Lost Egg. We never did find B's tenth egg, and it was one of the easier ones to find.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

you have such a fun yard, I want to come play at your house!!!

Megan said...

Anytime! I do wish we had some grass though.