Monday, December 1, 2008

Twilight!

On Friday, Nov. 21, Eedad took me to see Twilight! I've read all the books, and we read Twilight together. I had been waiting anxiously to see what the movie would be like. I tried to have low expectations because the movie is never as good as the book. In fact, sometimes they totally mess up on it! lol (I'm still upset about Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban...) But I knew that no matter how bad the movie was, I had to see it! So he took me to the matinee (how much do I love him?).

I loved it!!! We both loved it! I thought they really did an excellent job on the movie. Obviously some things were different, but I don't think they took away from the "spirit" of the book at all. Bella was exactly as I imagined her. And Rob Pattinson could not have played Edward better. There was such an underlying intensity to him that it was amazing. I really hope he's not type cast from now on because he showed himself to be a very good actor. Visually, the film was beautiful! The use of color and the cinematography was gorgeous. There were certain scenes that took my breath away.

I went and saw it with my sister, nieces, and cousin the next day, and I can tell you it's even better the second time around. :D I will definitely be buying this one on DVD!

No comments: