I've been meaning to start a blog for a while now, but I just haven't taken the time. A friend finally pushed me over the edge today though (thanks, Amber). I happened to have a couple of spare minutes. The older kids are with my parents today, so I decided to take advantage.
We were invited to go to dinner at Teresa's (a friend of my mom's) house on Saturday night. We accepted the invitation to take advantage of the time my mom is feeling good. I know she won't be feeling well for a long time after the surgery. We've been through this before and know a little bit what to expect. We had a lovely dinner! Teresa prepared a lovely and delicious meal, and we enjoyed our time eating together outside on a beautiful night. The kids played on her (fake) grass, loving it because we have rocks in our backyard at home. Mom invited the older kids to stay with them until they could bring them back on Monday. They were so excited to be able to stay at Mimi's house!
So, all in all, it was a lovely evening... until. Yes, of course, until. We went out to leave, and the car wouldn't start! What luck. lol We tried to jump it, but even that didn't work. It was deader than dead. We thought about staying the night, but realized that wouldn't be an option because we had left the dogs at home. No, no one has a key, and we don't keep one hidden outside! So mom let us use my dad's vehicle. We ended up getting home at about 12:30am. Yuck! Then Randy had to break the Sabbath and travel down to buy a battery on Sunday. The ox truly was in the mire though. We couldn't go all week without a vehicle, and Randy couldn't miss a day of work. We missed Stake Conference though, and that was really a bummer. Boyd K. Packer spoke in a broadcast. We were very disappointed to have missed it. To look on the bright side though, what if we had been someplace else when the car wouldn't start? Things really could have been so much worse. And I spent all day reading the General Conference issue of the Ensign.
Speaking of that specific issue of the Ensign, it's amazing to me how much you miss the first time around, just watching the Conference. I really enjoy reading the actual talks. I'm planning on reading them all through one time and then going back and highlighting different parts of them. I've also decided after reading Elder Perry's talk, I would love to just move out to the middle of nowhere and live off the land! lol I know it's not feasible right now, but it sure sounds good!
Well, that's all the time I have now. I'm going to try to figure out how to post some pictures and get our blog looking all fancy-schmancy. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah! Good for you. Now I can check up on you from time to time. I see you in every one of your kids. How cute!
Post a Comment