Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Check-ups and Election Day

Last night my parents brought the kids back up, and they also spent the night. We had a wonderful dinner! Randy bought a rotisserie thing from someone for $5 a couple of weeks ago. We used it for the first time last night, and, boy, was it worth a lot more than $5! We're so happy with it! The chicken was delicious! We also had a huge salad and some mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum. It was some seriously good stuff!

My parents had also asked a man they are friends with and have known for a long time to come and administer to her. It was fun seeing him and his wife. The blessing he gave her was very special! I know I was filled with a feeling of peace because of it. I feel so blessed to have the Priesthood in my life. I've seen the healing and comfort it brings so many times. I'm so thankful to my Heavenly Father for giving us such a wonderful gift.

My parents left this morning while I was taking the Bub and the Beana for a routine check-up. Bub loves Dr. Green. Beana feels a bit differently about him though! lol Bub is growing like a weed! He's 47 in, and weighs 44 lbs. He's so tall and skinny for 6 (and 1/2, of course can't forget that part of it)! Dr. Green says we should think about putting him on some allergy meds at night. He said that could help him sleep better without coughing every night. Dr. Green said that even though he's coughing, his lungs sound clear, so it's probably coming from allergies. So we may try it. Beana is doing well, and she's also growing like a weed! She weighs approximately 19 lbs. and is 27 1/2 in. The "approximately" comes from her not sitting on the scale very well! lol She's a momma's girl for sure. That is also the reason she doesn't like Dr. Green so much. I laid her on the table and she was having none of that! So she showed her little red-headed temper and her strong lungs during the exam. I was concerned about how her feet turn in so much, but he said that we can still give it more time because there is nothing we can do about it right now, and they may correct on their own. He also exclaimed over her tiny feet. : )

I also want to remind everyone to get out there and vote! Our country is in a precarious position right now, and we need to make our voices heard. We are so blessed to have the right to vote! So get out there and exert that right! Happy voting everyone!

No comments: